Monday, July 20, 2015

Believe...Achieve!!!


The last couple of years, my principal has encouraged all of us to choose a word that will be our theme and focus for the year. This year's theme and focus will not be just one word.  Instead, it will be a phrase.  It will be a phrase that I will not only focus on myself, but I am also going to use in my castle themed classroom with my students. 

 
 
Believe = Achieve!
 
 
The inspiration came from a Sword in the Stone prop that I am planning to use to kick off the year. I was trying to come up with a caption for the display below.  It had been a long time since I read the story, so I went home to search my bookshelves.  When I came up empty handed, I googled it.  When I saw the gif above, the display and theme for our year became clear! 
 
If you look at the boy's face, you see hesitation and doubt turn into determination and urgency when he focuses on the sword!  THAT is how I want my students' faces to evolve every time there is a new challenge to tackle this year!  Whether it is academic or life centered, I want my students to BELIEVE -- believe in themselves, their classmates, their teacher, their family, and their community.  If they BELIEVE, there is absolutely no doubt...they will ACHIEVE! 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment