Monday, September 23, 2013

What I Saw in the Teacher's Lounge...

Last spring we were blessed with a visit from Jerry Pallotta; a well known author of children's books. The following prompt is based off his book, What I Saw in The Teacher's Lounge... .

 Prompt: When I peeked in the teacher's lounge, I saw...  

 When I peeked in the teacher's lounge, I saw Mrs. Coffin along with two other teachers having a disco party! Others were having a surfboarding party. Mrs. Lingenfelter, my second grade teacher, was hang gliding over everybody. Mr. Long was playing tennis with a banana! It must be fun being a teacher! 
--Tanesha

 When I peeked in the teacher's lounge, I saw a teacher mountain climbing and another in the North Pole with penguins and Santa Claus. I saw another in a submarine with a lot of fish! All of a sudden, I heard a voice say, "Wake up Oz!" and then I woke up and realized that it was all a dream. Guess what? At school today, it all came true! 
--Oz 

  When I peeked in the teacher's lounge, I saw the third grade teachers swimming with whales and the fourth grade teachers in Hawaii. The second grade teachers were shopping in Paris and the first grade teachers were in Texas riding horses. The Kindergarten teachers were having a disco party and the student teachers were getting famous!
  --Ana

When I peeked in the teacher's lounge, I saw Mrs. Coffin fighting a prehistoric dragon! Mrs. Mather was fighting a mountain dragon! It was crazy! Then I saw a Megladon slam the door open and say, "No peeking in the teacher's lounge!" Then he slammed the door! I didn't listen though! The next day, I peeked again and saw Ms. Roberts fighting a forest dragon in the forest. I couldn't resist. I went in! I had lots of fun but I got a red slip. I kept looking in the teacher's lounge. Now I want to be a teacher when I grow up!
--Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment